Friday, November 03, 2006

Get-Away

In a few hours, I'll be leaving for the weekend. I'm not even done packing yet. It's not some romantic mountain cabin get-away (I wish!), it's a school thing. Another speech tournament. I can hardly wait for it to be over. Sad to say that I don't really care much for anything except my grade in the class. The advantage of being perceived as dumb is that people don't expect much of you. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, these people think I could be good at this. I'm just tired and have other things on my mind. I'm thinking about the extra work hours I'll miss and I'm always on the move so it drives me crazy when there's too much downtime but not much entertainment/activity. It's not that I can't relax, but I'd rather relax at home or in certain settings. Maybe I am a control freak 'cause I've been accused of not being spontaneous. Oh well...Wish I already had a Macbook (on my wishlist) so I could carry it with me. Hope everyone out there will have a more fun weekend than mine.

6 comments:

jm said...

you'll be just fine. hang in there, there's def. a light @ tunnel's end ...if u keep the faith ... sawaz good luck with ur weekend.

Girl in the Meadow said...

Do have a lovely. you gotta be easy sometimes and get spontaneous!

Nakeel said...

You will enjoy just dont carry the idea that you dont belong to some type of relaxing.

Quillonpaper said...

Amazing, I'm just sharing a similar situation this weekend, the travel, travel, travel and driving one almost crazy i mean. But what keeps me sane is sparing a few silents moments during the day with myself and just speaking to God, it's very refreshing. Not liek the prayer kinda thing where u gotta first feel right spiritually and everything. Nay, I just speak like I would to anybody else. U try that sumtym!

Acolyte said...

If people think you are dumb I hope you are cute! Coz missing two out of two wouldnt be very nice!
Hope you had a great time!

Girl next door said...

@ Mwangi,
thanks! It went way better than I thought.

@Shiroh,
I'm working on it =)

@Nakeel,
You're right, the mind is powerful. I'm trying to have more positive thoughts.

@Zack,
What a coincidence! Hope you survived your weekend. Prayer and meditation are good ways to relax and deal with stress.

@Acolyte,
You'd have to see me in person to know whether I'm cute =) I like surprising people who underestimate my intelligence. The weekend went much better than I thought it would.