Sunday, August 06, 2006

An ipod moment and Flav2

Home at last. Had a fulfilling day at work. Just wolfed down a cheeseburger and sipped a cold MGD, aah...I tend to eat in front of my computer partly coz of entertainment, and partly coz I like sitting in the comfy blue ikea chair in front of it.

Things I find annoying:
1) People who call every one they meet 'baby" in whatever context, whether it's "you're still a baby, so young!" or "baby, let's go out sometime."

2) People who cuss constantly in public for no apparent reason but to act all 'gangsta' (esp. when they're obviously far from it)--Nobody wants to listen to you. I was riding on the bus and way in the back were 2 guys (drunk frat-boy types) just acting stupid, talking loudly, their vocab must have stopped developing in primary school. It was one of those times I wished I was one of those big, intimidating Samoan dudes and I could just turn around and yell "shut the fuck up!" Instead, I searched through my bag for something interesting to read. My phone battery had just died; I dubbed this "an ipod moment," it's that moment when you desperately wish you hadn't left your ipod at home coz it would be a perfect time to turn up the music and tune out what's around you.

3) The fact that the 'reality' show "Flavor of Love" part 2 is back. Seriously, wasn't season 1 enough? Much as I dislike the concept of the show, it is entertaining. Maybe it's a weird human urge to watch other people humiliating themselves in the name of love (love of money or the spotlight?). I think Flav picked the wrong chic last time, New York would have been perfect for him. Now there are fresh attractive recruits, tripping over each other to impress this tired-looking man who parades in pimpish outfits (come on, a red suit with a red shirt) and a huge clock around his neck.

7 comments:

Half 'n' half said...

Iam sooo with you on the cussing thing. I hate unnecessary cussin'.

Msanii_XL said...

Flavor of love is horrible reality show.... sometimes though i watch to see the levels pple go to just to be on tv

Anonymous said...

I sooooooooooo feel you on Point 1 & 2.

Never heard of "flavor of love" but then again i dont dig TV sana.

Acolyte said...

The moment I was waiting for!Flavour of Love Season 2!More fun and games!On day one chics bout and one craps on the ground!OMG!But I do agree that he is one tacky bastard!
My dear you have an IKEA chair I have a no idea couch!Meaning I dont know who designed it!
I'm sorry about people calling you baby...babe!
Cussing all over the place does suck!Peeps need to style up!

Girl next door said...

@halfkenyahalfsudan,
oh yeah, cussing should be reserved for those few times when extreme anger has taken over.
@msanii_xl,
it's amazing how far people go to be in the public eye.
@kagz,
I'm glad you feel me! you're not missing much from tv--most of these 'reality' shows are anything but.
@acolyte,
Flav must have been such a hit, they had to bring him back. Those chics have too much drama. I bought my comfy chair from someone who was moving; don't care much about labels but ikea has lots of furniture and house stuff for good prices.

Nakeel said...

I once picked up with someone for calling me baby and always I dont entertain it.

The cursing i too wish I had the big body to just threaten them to shut up.

How have you been?

Girl next door said...

Hi Nakeel!
thanks for stopping by, glad you feel me. I've been doing ok--spending some time with the books and laying low=)