Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blog Day 2006

I have to confess that I usually focus on reading blogs in KBW (which inspired me to start my own). But, I've realized that it's a huge world and we learn more about each other by interaction. A blog is a very personal view of people's lives and experiences. I'd like to share a few I discovered.

1. Sayesha's world
This blog is written by an Indian girl living in Singapore. Not only is she an excellent writer, but also entertaining and witty. Topics range from work and friends, to travel and cultural views. I like the personal insight offered. Despite being in a different part of the world, I identify with a lot of the issues discussed.

2. Margaret Cho
This blog is funny. After all, it belongs to a comedian. Margaret Cho is of Korean ancestry, born and raised in the U.S. Many of her posts are enlightening and address political issues directly.

3. A Family in Baghdad
This is an invaluable look at the reality of living in war-torn Iraq as experienced by a family in Baghdad. It's portrays what we may never see or hear on the news.

2 comments:

egm said...

I wanted to do a blog day post, but never quite got round to it after I got carried away reading some of the blogs I was considering. I just might go ahead and do a belated one.

Like you, I mostly read the KBW blogs. The only others I read are tech related blogs, and mostly those about linux. The time commitment makes it hard to read more than just a few different blogs. You could get carried away and almost do it full time!

Thanks for sharing these.

Girl next door said...

@ Egm,
amazing how time flies when you're online. I enjoy stumbling onto interesting blogs and websites. KBW has a great mix of personalities so there's variety with the blogs.