Saturday, June 10, 2006

Krav and German Goals

A few days ago, I went to check out a Krav Maga class (Israeli self-defense martial art). What a workout! It was rather intense, and although I thought I was fit in general, my musles were sore and achy the next day. It's really fun and practical too, so I'm thinking about joining. One observation I made was there were more men than women in the class. It seems like women seem more aware of their body image, but the men are more active in getting out there. A hasty generalization, I know. Or perhaps women prefer aerobics, yoga, and dance?

Anyway, the World Cup has started! Germany beat Costa Rica (4-2). I just caught bits of the game coz I was at work. Hope to see a lot more soon. Well, I'm off to work now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been a student of several martial arts and men always outnumber women.I think one thing is due to the taxing nature of martial arts workouts and the other is that women can't handle being hit ie during sparring with other students.
Other then that the WC is turning out pretty well even though England were not all that impressive today.

Girl next door said...

Yeah, I guess most women prefer non-violent workouts! I think martial arts are a great activity and skill to have esp. self-defense.
I missed the England match. Heard the Argentina vs. Ivory Coast was a good one.

Anonymous said...

@ GND
Violence is a general term to describe actions, usually deliberate, that cause or intend to cause injury to people, animals, or non-living objects.No martial art class or sparring session is meant to be that at all, unless you are taking part in a street fighting class where there are no rules.
That's just me telling you what martial arts are not so tell the girls they are more then welcome to join us
The Argentina v Ivory Coast game was good but it was a shame that the Ivorians took the last minutes of the game to come out full force, I think they had stage fright.
But the timing of the games sucks!

Calvin said...

wasn't it a shick to see a german team that attacks openly and actually scores goals too!!

Girl next door said...

@ Acolyte,
good point. Martial arts aren't a form of violence (I kinda meant it tongue-in-cheek); they're an art and fitness form. I'll be sharing the info with my girls!
@ Outlaw Torn,
I don't know too much about German soccer, but they do have skills.