Thursday, June 15, 2006

Baby please!



My favorite Uncle (he's like a second Dad) and his wife just got a baby. I spent yesterday afternoon shopping for baby clothes. Willingly. (Disclaimer: I've previously aired my views on kids: I don't want to give birth to any now, or in the future. ) This baby is very special and I'm campaigning to be a favorite cousin. I still remember what it was like to be a little kid and have some wonderful older cousins pay attention to me or give me a special treat. Despite my disclaimer above, I don't hate kids. And I just realized what cute clothes they have. There are a million other things that are being marketed to Moms and Dads, and I'm thinking "what the hell is that?" Thanks to celebz, there's a lot of interest in designer products for baby. Some are cool, most are just a waste of time and merely status symbols (isn't everything?). There's a this thing called a baby leash. I first saw it being used at the airport, then in a nearby neighborhood. Seems brilliant for handling active toddlers in public places. (Or naughty adults in private...)


P.S. I hate the Burger King commercials with some guy wearing a chicken costume. Seriously, who came up with this ad? That feathery monster just grosses me out and everyone in my digz.

8 comments:

Girl in the Meadow said...

Ati how don't you like kids? Gosh i was planning to have four but i after the birth process was explained to me i decided to get two and adopt two.

Tell them congrats and post pic please.

Nakeel said...

Congrats to your Auntie and Uncle but I will say like Pros to Aco.
I give you five years you will change about that baby feeling

Girl next door said...

@ Shiroh,
That birthing process is scary enough, and afterwards your life changes forever. I can't deal with that. I'm waiting for a pic from them.
@ Nakeel,
Thanks on their behalf. 5 years, we'll wait and see!

POTASH said...

Ati a baby leash, that sounds like something a single dad designed...lol

Acolyte said...

Yup them burger King ads are as gross as ever!Seeing as you are in the no kids train you are in a major minority alongside me, so (clearing throat) if our goals align we should hook up!
(runs out of the room looking at the ground!)

Girl next door said...

@ Potash,
It's a brilliant invention coz running after kids is exhausting!
@ Acolyte,
I'm thinking about writing to Burger King asking them to stop that commercial. Your proposition is rather tempting=) seeing that we agree on so much, only a certain Derailer may have problem with it, ama?

Acolyte said...

@ girl next door
looks around furtively
whispers- The derailer can be dealt with!
slinks off into the darkness

Girl next door said...

@ Acolyte,
I'll leave that to you ;)