Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pets,'Reality' & My little crush

There's a breed of dogs known as the "Leonberger." They're intelligent, calm, affectionate, loyal, and friendly. They can even save me from drowning. What more do I need in a companion? Nada. My eldest sibling has sike to get a puppy, but we can't have any pets in our apartment. I can handle any kind of pet except a reptile, and most rodents. One of my workmates has a snake. And it's not one of those tiny garden ones either. I think it's a boa constrictor or something. When the honey had a birthday bash at her digz, I saw the snake sleeping in a huge glass cage. Thankfully, the cage was covered while we were there. What is this crazy urge to bring the jungle home with you?

The term 'reality show' is rather ironic, don't you think? Some are dumb, others entertaining. I met a dude who tried out for The Apprentice. Which show would you go on if you had the chance?
For me, it's simple: MTV's "Made."

There's this MTV show called "My Super Sweet 16" that features superwealthy kids planning parties to celebrate their birthdays. Talk about extravagance, arrogance, and people with money to burn! These teenagers have a major sense of entitlement, they even push their parents around. There's this really cute, dimpled boy called Darnell who's recreating the 'Coming to America' scene with dancers. Isn't it amazing how just looking at some people will put a smile on your face and lift your spirits?

On my recent trip out of town, I was crushing on this hot guy. Actually, there were cute guys everywhere I turned. But this one is special...I have pictures! He is a fine Kenyan with a nice ass (of course) and a wicked sense of humor. But at times, we are not in a position to give our hearts away. But it's nice to know the great options out there. On the other hand, it is such a relief to look back at some former crushes and wonder, "What the hell was I thinking?"

7 comments:

Calvin said...

this thing of getting reptiles as pets.. big no-no! i'd never sleep peacefully in that apartment!

Girl next door said...

I'm with you on that! Ati the chick lounges with the snake around her neck sometimes; she's cool but into extremes.

Nakeel said...

A snake as a what? wewe wacha..
Dont ask what u were thinking sweetie si u know just unleash the pics then can try to mind read what u were thinking

Girl next door said...

@ Nakeel,
I wish I had a pic for evidence, she showed me once at jobo.

Girl next door said...

@ Kamujinga,
Point taken! well...it could be arranged....

african girl+european boy=world travel said...

about the puppy...
I am supposed to get one too, a poodle, but i am going to Nai for 2 months, and i don't think i can trust anyone with the new pup...you know, it is like having a new born baby.

Girl next door said...

@ Lawyer-in-the-making,
Lucky you! Poodles are not only cute, but very intelligent too. You'll definitely want enough bonding time (& house training) with your pup. thanks for stopping by!