Monday, July 31, 2006

Mean

One of my worst fears is turning into the people I despise most (and there are several types). I've had a recent encounter with the following:

MEAN people. Everytime they open their mouths, they spit venom. When you are in the position to help them, they will criticize everything you do. Everyone tries to avoid them, and they know it. The words 'please' or 'thank you' cross their lips reluctantly and sound unconvincing. The Acolyte has a post about bitches and they also fall under this category. Men are also included in my 'mean' group. I'm not saying one has to be smiling 24/7, coz even perky people can be draining. You don't have to pretend to be nice. But, I hate that people with negative energy want to suck you into this deep dark hole. So you have a shitty life, guess what? So do most other people. All suffering isn't visible. I can confidently say to these types that " One of my worst nightmares is turning out like you."

8 comments:

pikei said...

I turned into my mother. how did that happen??

POTASH said...

Lol @ pikei, are you implying that your mum is mean.
Anyway, you know, like I say, that you are growing older when you begin to sound like your mother... which is to sound like a broken record.

Anonymous said...

I do so feel you on this one, I happen to be a hardcore cynic and one day I fear that I will cross over because at times life seems to hard and demanding plus I am just not a people person at all!But I agree there are both mean men and women.I try to stay away from them when I can.
@ Pikei
When I found myself lecturing my room mate about his slovenly manner I knew I was turning into my mother!

Spidey/Tato said...

ppeople who bring me down i avoid lik the plague...wit constant criticism and smart ass ideas.....eeeeeeeew

Anonymous said...

amen to that. mean pple totally perplex me ... it takes soooo much energy, and life is too short...

Girl next door said...

@ Pikei,
The people we spend the most time around influence us the most--Mothers are no. 1.
@ Potash,
Mothers always have something to say, and even though we've heard it all before it usually makes sense!
@ Acolyte,
A healthy dose of cynism is necessary for survival in this crazy world. Staying away from those mean people is wise.
@ Nick,
You and me both...critism that attacks a person instead of their actions is pointless, and when there's no basis it's preposterous!

Chatterly said...

Gnd I could tell you stories about such meanies - all i usually do is avoid them, coz i dont want to be dragged into their dark bottomless pits. La ajabu these meanies usually dont have anything cha maana going on in their lives and they can dare open their traps!

Girl next door said...

@ Chatterly,
You're so right, people who don't have anything going on in their lives tend to channel all their negativity to everyone else.