Sunday, July 23, 2006

Cleaning Out My Closet

This evening, I saw a couple of great examples of 'What Not To Wear":
1) Sandak--do they even make these anymore? Or rather, do any grown people wear them? (I remember having a pair of light blue ones in nursery school) Well, yeah...as I discovered today...even here in the US of A, they just give them a different name--jelly sandals.
2)Layering a pair of shorts over a pair of trousers. Do not do this! It will make you look like a bum.

Other things not to wear:
3) Pants that give you a constant wedgie.
4) KBS aka 'kiatu bila socks'--the exception is when wearing sandals or certain kinds of loafers.

Anyhow, enough of critiquing other people's clothes--I recently took a closer look at my own wardrobe too. Took some things to Goodwill, a few were handed down, others were trashed. After watching the Oprah show about women wearing wrong bra sizes, I was inspired to throw out some of mine.Then you know what happened next...a trip to Victoria's Secret! I think we all hold onto clothes for sentimental reasons, even if we don't wear them. I confess to holding onto an ex-boyfriend's 'Superman' t-shirt for ages. But, on a cleaning binge realized the stuff at the back of the closet had to go. Such is life.

5 comments:

POTASH said...

are you saying your bras were the wrong size... tut tut!
Funny thing I ask women their bra sizes and they take offence. but now I have discovered that most do not know it.

Anonymous said...

@ potash
75% of women wear the wrong bra size and as I discovered first hand are too hard headed to go for a fitting!
@ GND
Good for me that I havent broken any of your fashion rules!I do agree on holding onto clothes for sentiment.I have some tees that I have had for 6 years because of the memories.

Girl next door said...

@ Potash,
l discovered I had (blush) over-estimated my size. oh well, I'm happy though, I just didn't know the number. Most of us just estimate the size, or try many till we find what fits.
@ Acolyte,
Glad to know you're not guilty of those fashion crimes. I'm not the most fashionable person, but there are some basics I believe in.

Chatterly said...

Socks with sandals is one thing i have never done, will never do...no matter how *in* it becomes!!

And my bras are just the right size :-)with cup sizes changing...hmmm

Girl next door said...

@ Chatterly,
That socks with sandals look is just off. Well-fitting bras are a must! most don't realize cup sizes change.