Friday, July 21, 2006

Secret Diary 'n' a Stroll on the Beach

Haven't had anything interesting to post about lately. One word to describe my life right now is 'blah'. I tend to write a lot more when I'm really angry or happy--so later I can look back at the situation and see what's changed. When I started high school, I kept a diary. At that time, it was such a risque thing to do in case of discovery. I used to write down everything on my mind, stuff people said, observations I made, my feelings and views, etc...It's not like I had any deep dark secrets, but it was one of the major transition points in my life.

I had left home for the first time to attend large girls' boarding school in my shagz. (Exactly why is this so popular with parents? I've heard something along the lines of 'we don't want our kids corrupted.') Luckily the school was in town and the rules more reasonable than others. Anyhow, I lasted there for 1 year and 2 terms then transferred somewhere else. I still had the diary with me. I'd go back and read all the things I wrote and it kept me entertained! Some entries were funny, others frustrating and humiliating. In the end, I decided to destroy the diary because it was too personal and I never wanted anybody else to read it. Sometimes, the memories have to remain in your mind.

2 days ago, I could only come up with one sentence, "I feel overwhelmed." It's like you have such a big pile of work to do, don't know where to start, so you just take a coffee break to reflect on it. Tuesday was a very stressful workday mainly because of one person. She was the direct supervisor that day but didn't give me all the information I needed at the start of the day. So I obviously wasn't very organized. Luckily, I got to go home early (with a pounding headache). After taking a pill and sipping water, my sis and I headed to the beach to enjoy the rest of the sunny day. It was so relaxing to walk barefoot along the shore. People walked their dogs, some jogged (including a mom w/ a stroller), couples held hands, and others tanned on the beach. We chatted with 3 cool surfers and basked in the sun, sipping Vitamin Water. There's something powerful when you see the waves rolling in and the blue/gray ocean stretching into the horizon as the orange sun dips down. By the time I got home, I felt so calm. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems I'm not the only one having a bleh life.I never kept a diary so I guess my blog is my diary now.
I guess you are among the few who went to an agreeable boarding school, some other peeps have horror stories to tell.
Life can be both under and overwhelming.It's good that you got a break from it all though!

Girl next door said...

@ Acolyte,
A blog is a diary of sorts...The first boarding school I went to was better than most, but life wasn't that smooth (that's why I left). It was about survival. I was in a better situation than most but heard and saw some horrors taking place.
Funny how at times nothing happens, then all of a sudden everything happens.