Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Relief

2 down, 1 to go then school is officially over.

The immense relief I feel now that the group paper is done is hard to put into words. It was such a stressful affair right up until the last minute. Tempers flared. Everyone had strong opinions. At least those of us participating. One person was MIA when needed, then in the end offered help as though she was doing us a favor. Calling with excuses which I didn't want to hear then asking what to do. I asked "Have you read the paper?" The silence was the answer. How in the world do you discuss and critique a paper with someone who has no clue about it? I was fuming. "Tell me what to do." I had to restrain myself, kwani does this look like primo where you're told exactly what to do? I found myself being the mediator between different factions of the group (my diplomatic skills must be a middle child thing). This is why I cannot be a parent, I hate repeating the same damn thing over and over again. One dude proposed leaving her name out, but we weren't that cruel. So glad it's done.

There's something major hanging in the air that's making me rethink some plans I made. I'll know for sure in a week. I may end up making some drastic decisions.

8 comments:

egm said...

Good for you. That was a stressful paper to work through! All the best on your remaining paper.

I hope whatever you have to decide on works out for the best.

Anonymous said...

I was done with exams yesterday. I have never been so happy!God willing I am done with school now!
I quit doing group papers, many people are a waste of time and flesh; it is easier to fly solo.
Anyway was loooking for your email add, when you have time do holla at me mwafrika2 at gmail.com!

Quintessence said...

I'm glad that group thing is over for you...well, at least for the semester...WUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

Girl next door said...

@Egm,
Asante.

Sure hope it works out.

@Acolyte,
Congrats! That's a major achievement.
It is much easier to handle a paper solo.
Let me figure out how to weka it on blogger and I'll holla.

@Quintessence,
Thanks for the sympathy, if I ever take a class with this same group, I'll know who to avoid!

Anonymous said...

Hey. Group papers, headache, am with aco on this one, go it solo its not worth the stress, then again if it is a good group, do the bare minimum. (insert evil laugh here) Repeating stuff over and over is just irritating. I hope that you clear whatever is hanging over you to your satisfaction. Good luck.

Girl next door said...

@Aegeus,
At least when you work solo, you're on your own time. I'm usually very patient, but I reached my limit. I'd emailed this chic exact instructions on what to look for after talking to her.
Thanks, I need all the luck I can get =)

Nakeel said...

All the best in the remaining papers.

Girl next door said...

@Nakeel,
asante!