Thursday, December 14, 2006

On my bookshelf

Superfudge is a classic from my childhood. It never fails to crack me up=)


For anyone who likes books with pictures, try a graphic novel like this. by Marjane Satrapi.


I haven't gotten very far; it's deep one.



This exact book has been on my shelf for months, but I can't seem to get through the last part where Mitya is on trial. Borrowed from a friend, but at this rate he's probably given it up permanently. Thanks R!



Here's a good one from the motherland! by Buchi Emecheta


It's not what you think, but it's guaranteed to blow...your mind that is! Now I've got to see Kiribati for myself. I don't own this one. by J. Maarten Troost

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

My to read list grows by leaps and bounds...

Girl next door said...

@Aegeus,
It's exciting to discover new reading material.

Klara said...

Wow!, am amzzed @ ur picks..brilliant

Quintessence said...

I've added a few to my list from this post...ta!

Acolyte said...

Never read any of them, will go check some of them out online. Thanks!

Girl next door said...

@Stwap,
Thanks!

@Quintessence,
Hope you enjoy them.

@Acolyte,
It's a mix of different types of writing, so there's something for everyone.

Princess said...

Judy Blume rocks!! You should definitely finish "Brothers Karamazov." Oh and I just finished reading "Don't Let's Go to The Dogs Tonight." You have to check this book out..it will have you laughing your head off.

3N said...

check out 'Disgrace' by J.M. Coetzee. Very interesting and fast read.
which of the books you just listed is most interesting /easy read. I want to get my read on but I am going to come slowly!

Girl next door said...

@Princess,
Judy Blume does children's books better than her adult novels. When I finally finish Brothers Karamazov, I'll blog about it. Thanks for the book recommendation.

@3n,
Superfudge is probably the easiest read, but I'd recommend "Sex Lives of Cannibals" which is a good mix of humor and real-life issues. I'll look for 'Disgrace'.

egm said...

Great reading list. Like you, I hit a serious plateau at the opening comments of the murder trial. I didn't read the book for about a week. And then one day I just forced myself to go through that first part, and the rest just flowed easily after that. That legal section was hard to go through (not so for you Princess, eh? :)). But it was worth it at the end.

Girl next door said...

@Egm,
Thanks. Now that school is out, I'm gonna try to finish the book. Legal terms are not my forte either =)

Nakeel said...

Happy Holidays gal.

Girl next door said...

You too Nakeel!

Iwaya said...

Impressive!

Girl next door said...

@Iwaya,
If you read any of the books and like it, please share your views!