Friday, February 10, 2006

LA Rugby and old friends

So, I'm packing for a weekend trip to sunny L.A. The Rugby 7s are taking place this weekend and the Kenyan team is there to proudly represent us. Let me confess how little I know about the actual game--I just know when they've scored and of course the whole tackling thing. I don't know much else. Blame it on not attending a school with a rugby team, or spending too much time indoors reading, whatever! But who can resist the sight of young, muscular, toned male bodies running back and forth a grassy field? It takes a lot of strength, speed, and skill. Word is there are kenyan celebz in town who will be performing. Hot shows for sure! But what I'm really looking forward to is seeing some old friends. You know those buddies that knew you way back in the day: y'all did homework together, confided in each other about your crushes, and your worries on relationships, crazy teachers, stressful jobs, religion, hairdos, clothes...etc. And as life goes on, one person moves north, another goes south, while the rest remain. You call each other a lot in the beginning, e-mails of course. Then we all get caught up with work/school and one day you wake up and realize it's been ___yrs since I saw my good friends. We know that as time goes by, changes happen. I know I've changed alot of my views. I know some friends who've undergone major changes (like joining the military). There's always a fear that changes will drive you apart. It's great to have a history together, but we all need to have new memories and experiences together. So that's when you meet and spend time together...One thing for sure, I'll miss my bed. I just love sleeping in my big, comfortable bed and everyone who's slept in it agrees with me. Time for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you'll have a great time at Rugby!Nuthin like gettin to hang out with Kenyans once in a while!