Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Evolution

I haven't posted a new entry in almost 10 days. Some days, I can't put thoughts together coherently. Or I write stuff I don't want anybody to read. Did I lose my mojo? Hope not! It's not because I haven't had any thoughts or views to air. Or that I'm that that boring. (What an insulting description.) In fact some people seem to think I'm rather entertaining. (Eyes roll...) How else would you interpret the statement, "I'm so bored so I decided to call you"? What am I, a TV channel? I know, it may have been meant as a compliment but it can be mildly irritating to say the least. I lead a rather ordinary existence. Been working night shifts while having classes during the day so my body is just off.

Thankfully, I have a relatively drama-free life. But you know how we all love to hear storoz about other people's drama...for example, The Acolyte's popular drama posts have kept many of us on edge, impatiently waiting for the next one. I recently heard about a situation involving a chic fresh from Kenya, a young man she met at church, and her distant relative by marriage. I'm not at liberty to discuss details coz I don't know the whole story, plus I wouldn't feel comfortable discussing the issues online no matter how distant our relationship. Anyway,many of us know of incidents like these (although circumstances vary). With modern communication, beef that happens next door is being discussed by relaz at home the next day. Phone calls are made, emails are sent, and battle lines are drawn. I want to avoid taking sides, especially if I hear only one side of the story. Parents and older relaz will often jump to one's defense by stating, "But she's such a good girl! She would always cook and help out in the house...." So what? Newfound freedom can ignite new fires and allow people to express suppressed thoughts and desires. Leaving the sheltered cocoon of home often causes people to harden and take risks they wouldn't have imagined.It doesn't automatically make one 'bad'. Change is inevitable, be it drastic or subtle. That's life. Evolution.

4 comments:

egm said...

You have precisely captured my blog situation! There are so many things to write about, but then I feel like some of it might be too much to share with others. At other times whatever is suitable for sharing just doesn't get organized as well as I'd like it. Many are the posts that I have began in earnest, only to abandon later due to my feeling that they are too rambling and haphazard. Some of which results from the laziness of not wanting to put in the work of properly laying out the writing.

Ati too bored so they called you? What a great plan B that makes you to be!

Tis very true. What people end up doing once they attain freedom is who they really are, not the facade displayed to others while under some restrictions. You just don't become "bad" like a switch if that was the case. The only way you could go from good to bad is if you hang out with the wrong crowd long enough and have their ways rub off on you slowly.

Anonymous said...

Ngoja I deal with you! How do you start a storo like that and then leave us in suspense bila details?! Anyhoo I think sometimes letting some people loose in the states is like letting loose an animal that has been held in captivity. The only thing that you get is total chaos. Some people need to mature before they come to the States. But I do feel you that you do at times need the full details before you post or somethings may be too personal to post about.

Anonymous said...

@Egm,
glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. If one were totally anonymous, there would be a certain freedom of expression. I'm so with you on not wanting to post poorly written stuff--it's painful to read!

Afadhali if the person said they wanted to know how I'm doing...oh well.

The word "facade" describes the situation well.

@Acolyte,
Ah, suspense...I'll leave the rest to your imagination=)
Maturity has a lot to do with how people deal with freedom and new situations. I'm also against extreme restriction coz it leads to the other extreme.

Dermapen said...

Thanks for this publish. I find it hard to track down good answers out there when it comes to this subject matter.Thanks for the review!