Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's Over

The most hilarious Valentine's post this year is by Ichiena. Check it out! And
Modoathii had some wicked advice on avoiding the whole Valo drama.

Even though I didn't care to celebrate the day, I got a few messages wishin' me happy val's. The award for the earliest message goes to a dude in Nairobi who asked me to be his valentine a month ago. It was kinda sweet. Dude, how did you know I have a thing for guys in uniform? Thanks for giving me directions when I was lost. Doubt if we'll meet again.
Now,the one person I wanted to hear from yesterday didn't contact me. Not that I was expecting anything apart from a call or even a text saying "how r u." Even though the last time we were together, I was in a bad mood. Because of a situation that I was trying to handle earlier that day. When I say have things on my mind, it's usually quite serious. I have to make some decisions that will affect not only me but others around me. And there are issues going on that I can't control. I won't go into details. I don't like confrontations but I see one coming up. I'm not perfect and don't like criticizing but I have to express my views and feelings.

9 comments:

modoathii said...

you love men in uniform? i'm always in uniform. honest, mathare does have uniforms. thanks.

'most anticipated' alijua ni kunoma. pole though. see me at my clinic.

egm said...

It's over indeed. For the most creative gift, I'll have to give that award to some dude I saw on the train jana. He had this long narrow cake (the length of a rose stem) that had its frosting set up to look like a rose stem complete with petals. It was in it's plastic container, tied up with a ribbon. An edible flower. How quant!

Girl next door said...

@Modoathii,
I don't discriminate on the type of uniform so we'll have to meet, ama? I'll take the earliest appt @ your clinic:)

@Egm,
An edible flower? Wow, now that's a great gift: aesthetics and function rolled into one.

Nakeel said...

Aiya so you been hiding when I came in the open to say I love the uniformed people?
Pole he didn't even bother to waste 10 bob (text).
See you been well though.

Chatterly said...

men in uniform? hmmm depends...i certainly dont find prisoners attire enticing at all :-)sorry bout not getting the message you really looked forward to get...maybe someone wanted to surprise you?

Girl next door said...

@Nakeel,
Sawa, I've officially declared my love for men in uniform. There's no excuse when somebody can't even send a simple text. I'm doing well, hope you are too!

@Chatterly,
Prisoners are the exception. There's nothing appealing there. Esp. those ugly white shirts and shorts in Kenyan prisons.
The message I wanted never came although the person contacted me. Oh well....

Klara said...

The men in blue ama?? Bt I love the ones in jungle blue/brown/green name em..
they alwsys appear strong! :=)

Girl next door said...

@Klara,
army fatigues are hot! Blue is alright.

Princess said...

I may be the only female who has an aversion for men in uniform..loooong story!!