Thursday, September 07, 2006

Going Out

I've got 3 invitations for events happening tonight and I've been deciding which ones I'll attend. Wish they were spread out so I could do them all. There are days when I'm sitting at home searching for something fun to do, and nobody feels like going out. Granted I have an odd schedule. I work weekends these days so I don't go out when most people do.

First there's an art gallery opening. I appreciate all kinds of art although I don't understand them all. I have deep admiration for artists and their talents. I won't miss this one. Entrance is free, and throw in some wine and cheese making it a great evening. Then, there's a fundraiser. There'll be live music and dancing. It costs more than I usually pay for an evening of entertainment so I assume there's dinner and drinks included. And it is for a good cause. Don't think I'll make it though 'cause a buddy invited me to go to a club I've wanted to check out for a while. There are different theme nights and ladies get in for free, so why not? Well, I'm gonna have fun so I'd better get ready!

4 comments:

pikei said...

I love the art, and just like you, i don't understand most of it. It is more of an apppreciation that someone is more creative than me.

Therefore, I would recommend the art and then go shake the hips. and you know both are free. It does not get any sweeter!

Have fun!

egm said...

I have forced myself to try and like art, but I have completely failed. I lived very near a museum of fine arts where as a student I could go free anytime I wanted, but not once did I set foot in the place. I guess my art head was wired wrong.

Do go on and enjoy it! Then go for the other "free" event :) Y'all ladies are lucky that way (though I once heard of someone trying to get New Jersey to ban ladies free entry. Don't know what came of it).

POTASH said...

lol...aki wewe ni mkenya...I can see you really considering the free events, mostly.

Girl next door said...

@ Pikei,
The art was great! The guy had skills: very detailed paintings with charcoal that looked real. I hit the club afterwards=)

@ Egm,
That's alright, perhaps you might appreciate other forms of art, like sculpture.
I enjoy free ladies nights, how could they ban them?

@ Potash,
oh yeah! I penda free events like most Kenyans. I don't like paying if I don't know whether I'll enjoy it. Some places have very high cover charges and they close early. Anyway, you usually end up buying drinks when you enter so it evens out.