Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Doggie's Life

Sometimes, I feel like I'm twice my age--today is one of those days. My joints are aching and every step I take makes me feel old. A warm shower and lots of rest will probably make me feel much better.

I don't know if this is another sign of getting older, but all of a sudden I notice kids who are out late, or just hanging out and think "Shouldn't they be home sleeping? Where are their parents?"

Being a dog is usually a negative thing, but what if you were a real one? As in, you were somebody's pet and experienced a life of luxury? Check out this article on A Dog's Life.

I swear, there are animals in this world that live better than humans (esp. in this country). I didn't understand this concept till I saw it with my own eyes. There's one lady I used to work for in my former school and her family owned 2 cats. Those things were humongous! Don't know if they feed them some kind of genetically modified food or something. Anyhow, those pets were pampered like babies. There was a pet shop nearby that sold those cute little doggie clothes and a variety of pet supplies. There was even a book about how to interpret a cat's 'meows.' It was one of those stores where if you have to ask the prices, then you probably can't afford much. I'm all for animal rights, but I don't think they should be treated like little humans. But then again, who am I to judge owners who indulge themselves through their pets? After all, who else will give you their entire heart so willingly, and spend their entire life with you, offering protection, love, and sincere devotion if not Fido, Simba, or Rafiki?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do agree with the fact that some animals here do live the high life.
I do think that some of these people cant connect with people at all and instead channel their love to their pets instead which is rather sad if you ask me.
Oh well what to do?

Princess said...

Yup..I was also quite taken aback at how people treat their pets over here..it is weird and not in a good way. I recall someone telling me that they were gonna try having pets and if it worked out, they would consider having kids..ummmm...seriously???

egm said...

Heee, I was just going to lurk, lakini that comment from Princess, eish! Ati get a pet then use that to gauge whether they will get kids? I am bila maneno for that one. Like you, I am baffled speechless!

Girl next door said...

@ Acolyte,
People who bond with animals over humans have issues when they go to extremes.

@ Princess and Egm,
Enyewe, pets are treated like babies so it could be good practice! I've heard it said some people need to start with a plant, move on to a pet, then if they can handle it they get kids. Oh well...