Monday, January 09, 2006

Thai chicken curry, chemistry, and a great book...

I feel great! Just had delicious, delectable, spicy Thai food with my sis. I got takeout coz it's more comfortable eating @ home. It's so cold outside but we're warm and cozy in here. We have a fab apartment (no more roommate drama! more on that later...). I'm keeping my resolution of starting school. I just registered today and went to the campus to find the classrooms. I am pretty excited about being back in school--mostly because I'm good at it. I was always one of the smartest kids in the class in all the schools I've been to. And I don't say this to be arrogant, my siblings and I are blessed to inherit our parents' brains and intelligence. The thing is when you're younger--it doesn't make you too popular with your agemates. I was definitely a nerdy smart kid. Obviously, I did my work but it's not like I studied all the time; I found most of my classes easy. I mostly read books for pleasure;( they are a MAJOR part of my life). The down side to that is I didn't develop good study skills early--when I started college I was overwhelmed with the amount of study time I needed for classes, and when you add work on top, it is tough! I still managed though and most of my teachers were impressed with my work. But lately, I feel like I've become dumber--like my brain is just vegetating. Granted my job requires a lot of learning and thinking fast on your feet and recalling facts. But there are other aspects of my job that are just common sense and I think to myself "what does studying have to do with this?" Anyway, I hope I get through my Chemistry class because this subject is not my forte!
I have some great books to read which is a wonderful feeling. My world has become a much bigger place because of books. I just read "Maus" by Art Spigelman. A great book, simple reading, and it's a comic! or should I say, graphic novel. Anyway, I recommend it to everyone.

No comments: