Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting paid (or laid) online

Sidenote: Google adsense does pay! I've gotten a dollar and change transferred into my account already. Some sites with high traffic make a sizable income on this kind of thing. Now, if I could get paid to rewrite some of the ads, perhaps more people would check them out....

I may rearrange a few things coz I opened my blog today and saw an ad for dating Kenyan women who are 'desperate' for companionship (I won't even start...), then underneath was the blurb 'About me.' I find it kind of funny =) but I'd like to state for the record that there's no correlation between the two. There's something for everyone online. Personally, I'm looking to get paid, not laid.

Countdown: 5 days

4 comments:

egm said...

Ad sense actually does pay. I just wonder how much high traffic sites rake in.

Cante said...

Could you explain more on the way it works and PAYS?
Thanks.

Girl next door said...

@Egm,
It's great to be involved in legit enterprises coz there are too many shady 'investments.' I hear some people make enough to quit their day jobs; I don't know any of them personally.

@Cant-'e',
you have an interesting name!
If you go to google.com/adsense, they'll explain how you can set up the ads on your blog. You add some code to your template. You get paid according to how many times people click on the ads. They ask you to link your bank acct to your adsense account so they can deposit the $ directly.

matt williams said...

Natasha from YBF makes a load of money from the ads on her site.