Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MIA

I've been MIA for what feels like forever...today's my first day back at school which I've been looking forward to. Yeah, I know I'm such a nerd. But this is my senior yr so I'm looking forward to getting done with my program! Stay tuned for an exclusive interview which I'm sure y'all are dying to read (just kidding!)--I just read Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber and it had me cracking up! Yes, I am a fan of chick lit, comedy, Harry Potter--haven't read the new one just yet--and the occasional literary masterpiece. I've read a lot this summer since my old computer went kaput on me and I've been trying to brush up on vocab for the GRE.

Seriously, what would people do for entertainment if there was no internet, or tv, or, gasp, any electronic form of entertainment? Isn't is strange how you suddenly feel deprived when you don't have constant access to something and yet millions of people around the world survive perfectly well without it? I'm not advocating an internet strike by any means. This issue of deprivation came up last night during a lively discussion about travel, the developed vs developing world, expats, and things higher income people take for granted around the world. Anyway, I need to get my school/work schedule together. More later.

9 comments:

Princess said...

Good Luck with your final year!!

Acolyte said...

Dont be gone too long and read hard!

Anonymous said...

welcome back. do have a great final year!

Anonymous said...

MIA yeah for quite long I was surprised when the feed popped up.
I'm with you on the internet and good luck with your finals

Girl next door said...

@Acolyte,
you're so lucky to be done with school!

@Muthii Fulani,
thanks =)

@Kirima,
glad I'm not forgotten. Thanks for stopping by.

Juju said...

yes, soma kwa bidii so that u can jenga nchi like this. I don't know either what I would do with that electronics... . Its a created need.

Anonymous said...

welcome back (belated though)...entertainment...how about travelling? travelling over electro-fun anytime. all the time.

ji-ejoy! na ufanye kaaaazi

BlackKnutz said...

Although this is late thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll keep on writing if you'll keep on reading!

Anonymous said...

f1rstly good luck on your stud1es, i saw a part 1n your post on what would we do for fun w1thout internet et al 1 for one would surely d1e 1 love gadgetry actually 1'm more l1ke batman w1th the ut1l1ty belt.