Monday, January 01, 2007

Nyumbani

I got home safely, long long layover along the way. I'd read and doze off then wake up to find only 1 hr had gone by. The warm welcome at JKIA was well worth the hassles I went through. Even the immigration dudes were enthusiastic (One even proposed.) Everything is lush and green (lots of rain). I'm taking lots of pics. Lots of changes but some things are the same. I'm eating such good food. Enjoying the comforts of home. Taking it easy away from everything. Lots of r 'n r (I always wanted to use that expression).

Glad to look back to last year and see that I fulfilled all my resolutions--at least the ones I blogged about. It was a first coz I don't usually make resolutions.It's such an amazing feeling to plan specific things out and have them happen.

All the best in 2007 everybody! Hope your dreams come true. Don't know who said, "If you don't have a dream, then how are you gonna make a dream come true?"

16 comments:

Acolyte said...

Msichana enjoy your hols to the max! Take some pics for some of us who are marooned here! Happy 2007!

egm said...

You land as my time here gets done. You enjoy from where I leave off!

Ichiena said...

lol - ati proposed! Expound gal, expound.

Karibu nyumbani. And Happy '07.

Princess said...

Enjoy your time with friends and family and and have an awesome 2007!!

Savvy Dreamer said...

"If you don't have a dream, then how are you gonna make a dream come true?"... i love that quote!!!! hope u have a funn-filled and prosperous new year

Anonymous said...

Welcome home and Happy new year! Enjoy your holidays.

Nakeel said...

Werocome home, Happy New Year and hope you enjoy the stay.

Anonymous said...

happy new year!! yes, do take pics, its the least u can do for us folks stuck in this dreary winter!

POTASH said...

Hey kid, nice that you are home. Happy holidays. Chunga shags culture shock!

Rant's of an angry somali man said...

have a nice holiday.....usiki u making me feel really homesick.........i really miss nairobi........happy new girl!

Quintessence said...

Hope you're having a BLAST at home doll...

eddiie said...

You made all your 2006 resolutions happen?.........you must be a lucky dude....

how about 2007..what could be new?

Unknown said...

Karibu sana!
Like your blog.
It sou- No! Reads interesting

Girl next door said...

Thanks to all of you for dropping by my blog while I was gone!

@Acolyte,
I enjoyed every single day of my holiday. Have a great 2007 too!

@Egm,
I wanted to be home for Christmas, but going later was still worth it coz I got quality time there.

@Ichiena,
Well...there isn't too much to the storo: the dude wanted to return to the U.S. with me. I appreciate honesty.
Happy 2007!

@Princess,
It was one of the best times of my life. Have a fabulous 2007!

@Nahjaj,
That makes two of us! All the best to you this year.

@Aegeus,
Asante! It was a memorable holiday.

@Nakeel,
Have a great year too!

@Majonzi,
I got some great pics and absorbed as much sun as I could.

@Potash,
Thanks! I had some funny experiences that I'll share. Culture can be a strange thing.

@Angry Somali Man,
Cliche as it is, there really is no place like home. Hope you get a chance to go soon!

@Quintessence,
I had a blast!

@Eddie,
Amazing, isn't it? It wasn't easy. I never had serious resolutions before. I think that writing them helped, coz I could go back and remind myself what I really wanted. Plus it's easier to be motivated with defined goals within a time limit. Stay tuned for this year's:)

@Tomas,
Asante, feel free to drop by anytime.

Milonare said...

Sup GND

Glad to hear your hols rocked!

Where's the next post? LOL

Girl next door said...

@Milonare,
I'm flattered you stopped by :) Seems like you've started blogging again (yay!). Stay tuned, the post is coming soon.